Cocoa rubbed ribs
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 4 pounds), white membrane removed
- 1 cup passion fruit nectar
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Mix brown sugar, cocoa powder, chili powder, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and red pepper in small bowl. Rub spice rub evenly on ribs. Wrap each rack tightly in foil. Place on roasting pan.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- Meanwhile, mix passion fruit nectar, barbecue sauce in small saucepan on medium heat. Simmer 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove foil from ribs. Place ribs on grill over medium heat. Grill 5 minutes per side or until ribs are evenly browned, brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
To broil ribs instead of grilling, place unwrapped ribs on baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes per side or until browned.
Passion fruit nectar can be found in ethnic markets or the ethic aisle of some supermarkets. Source
© 2012 All rights reserved.