Simple Acts of Love for Couples
What simple acts of love can you practice?
Here are some ideas:
- Hug and kiss each other every morning before one of you leaves the house. (Research indicates that marriages that practice this simple discipline are much healthier than those that don’t.)
- Make your spouse coffee in the morning before he or she heads off to work.
- Clean their car
- Pick her some wildflowers and walk through the door with them
- Set the table for whoever is doing the cooking
- Send an intimate personal text message
- Ask him or her to meet you for a quick lunch break
- Reach across the table, the front seat of your car or the couch to hold her hand, even if only for a few moments.
- Go an entire day without saying anything to your spouse except praise…affirmation for who they are, what they mean to you, and so on
- Go to bed at the same time as him/her for a week. Talk, read or share the quietness together
- Call, send an email or text message mid-day just to see how the other is doing
- Open the car door for her; Pull out the chair for her at the dinner table; help her put her coat on
- Fix his favorite meal without him having to ask
- If you haven’t yet learned to do this, then by all means now is the time – put the toilet seat down after you’re finished (yes, guys, that’s you!)
- Brag on your spouse in public
- Compliment your spouse in front of your children
- Find creative ways to tell each other “I love you” in code
- Add a candle to the dinner table as a way of telling your spouse you consider the evening special and romantic, simply because they’re there
Simple acts of love are just that – simple. They don’t take time to prepare or money to maintain. They are mostly impulsive. Perhaps pretty soon, they’ll be habitual.